Friday, September 30, 2005

Whoops ... did I say that out loud?


Remember back here when morals czar and gambling addict Bill Bennett suggested that aborting every black baby in the country would reduce the crime rate? Well, go figure, but a few people took exception to that:

Congressional Democrats blasted former Education Secretary William Bennett on Thursday for saying that aborting "every black baby in this country" would reduce the crime rate, and demanded their Republican counterparts do the same.

"This is precisely the kind of insensitive, hurtful and ignorant rhetoric that Americans have grown tired of," said Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Illinois.

Now, keep in mind, it's Bennett's current supporters who keep howling about Democratic Senator Robert Byrd's 50-year-old membership in the Klan. Apparently, overt racism is just fine as long as you're, you know, not an official member or anything. Then it's cool.

BY THE WAY
... here's the funniest, most mind-boggling part of the article:

Asked if he owed people an apology, Bennett replied, "I don't think I do. I think people who misrepresented my view owe me an apology."

That's right -- anyone offended by Bennett's asinine bigotry owes him an apology. Words fail me.

No comments: